Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting Up With A New Broadband N Router

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wildonion

Wildonion

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:39 AM

[font=System][size=6][color=#3333FF]
[size=6]Good Morning!

I am trying something different...can someone help?
Here is what I did:

I have my internet connection from my ISP coming into the basement of my 3 level home. I have run that feed into a Lynksys 5 port Workgroup8p Switch into the hole marked internet. From there, I run one cable into the desktop in the basement and another into a NetGear XE102G Ethernet Extender Kit. One of these units is plugged into the wall in the basement (with a feed from the Switch) and the other is up on the 3rd level. Both of these units light up with 3 green lites like they are suppose to when all is normal. Then, I have plugged into the EXtender on the 3rd level, a WRT300N Linksys BRoadband router. Finally, I have also setup the desktop in the basement with a new Wireless-N Linksys adapter.

The problem I am having is that the network does not recognize the WRT300N. EVerything else seems okay (green lites everywhere) but I was told that I need the wireless N adapter, but since it cant find the new router, I have to have a feed from the switch into the desktop in the basement. I was told I wasn't going to need to do that.

Can someone help please??!

Wildonion

THANKS!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:31 PM

See if you can go to linksys and update your computer for the drivers you need for your device. While your doing that, i'll just look into this further just to be extra prudent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users