Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I upgrade my HP laptop for better gaming?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pgome

Pgome

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

Hi, I have a HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC and I want to know if i could possibly upgrade it to run the more needy games at a better fps, I mainly play online games not offline ones. So here is the specs.

Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics    (4 CPUs), ~1.9GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

DirectX 12 (if that matters)

Windows 10

So if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

Unfortunately, no. Laptops aren't very upgrade able apart from the RAM in which you have enough already. If your budget was big enough (£400+), perhaps you could build a cheap gaming PC and use the laptop as a portable work thing?

#3 Pgome

Pgome
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

Unfortunately, no. Laptops aren't very upgrade able apart from the RAM in which you have enough already. If your budget was big enough (£400+), perhaps you could build a cheap gaming PC and use the laptop as a portable work thing?

I have done some research and couldn't I use this 

AMD A10-5750M AM5750DEC44HL Quad-Core 2.5Ghz 4MB Mobile CPU Processor Socket FS1 722-pin 35W HD 8650G

to replace my current one? would there be any problems with that?

#4 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

The Processor might work, however that's risky, and you might be better off saving the money.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:26 PM

The main factor for gaming performance is the graphics card which doesn't look to be replaceable. For gaming on anything demanding, you need a relatively fast CPU that's quite recent and a much faster GPU. Neither are achievable here.

You'd be better off saving 400 - 500 to build a new gaming PC.

#6 ATreeBranch

ATreeBranch

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

You might want to get an APU instead of a CPU because from the looks of it, it doesn't look like you have a GPU. What games are you planning to play?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users