Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browerhijacks and possible other trojans/problems and unknown exe application

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Oldneanderthal

Oldneanderthal

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:34 AM

Hello, I am new here so please forgive my newbness especially since I am not the most savviest when it comes to pcs.

Right I wil try and be as clear as possible.....and I hope I have posted this in the right place.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I am using windows 10 operating system....honestly don't know much about the technical stuff so...

This started when I noticed "startsear" replacing my mozilla search engine, startsear is obviously a browserhijacker and I cannot get rid of it no matter what.

I tried all the usual methods to get rid of it from the browers including changing the home page back to default and refreshing/resetting it but that doesn't work.

I have since then used Malwarebytes, adwarecleaner, hitmanpro and junkware and while they always​ discover the Trojans and PUPs such as the startsear and then quarantine/or remove them, they always come back the next time I start my computer.

I have noticed that in some of logs of the apps above note that they have failed to or are unable to delete all that they discover and since I have read it only takes a remnant of the bug to replicate and bring everything back, I am forever at square one.

I noticed that after using adware cleaner that when I start my pc up, a black pop up ..well pops up and very quickly lists a few things and says "unable to" in front of each, I can't recall what the lists exactly say as it disappears too quickly. Note that that isn't the notepad log that also automatically comes up but something else.

Obviously this is something in my programs but I can't see nothing new or suspicious in the uninstall program list as far as I can tell...unless it is masquerading as something legit.

My Mcafee webadvisor is listed one of the recent programs ones (even though I have it years) and doesn't seem to match the version that is listed in my brower's add on/plug ins section so I am suspicious of that but not sure what to do, I am thinking about deleting it but I need to be sure.

One thing I have discovered recently is that Malwarebytes seems to think google chrome is a Trojan as in all my scans to date, it lists it as a Trojan fake alert.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling google chrome, now it only starts for few seconds before closing itself down.

Another thing detected is something called "uupeev.exe" I have no idea what this is but I am highly suspicious of it and I want to delete it but since I am not savvy with pcs, I do not know if this is something that is necessary to the system or not.

I would really appreciate any help....I really don't seem to have much luck with pcs smh

Edited by Oldneanderthal, 27 April 2017 - 07:56 AM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Inf3ected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users