Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't view pdfs or docs from urlto pdf or docs by dataviz on tablet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 frustratedandroiduse

frustratedandroiduse

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:55 AM

i am finding it impossible to view pdfs or any docs formed by docs on go by datviz. the files are formed and are saved in normal way by the apps as i can see the folder mbs filesize of their respective folders increase with each new file. However i cant view them.i used to be able to but then it appears after one ofbthose stupid android updates it stopped working. It is almost as if android has put a root kit into mu tablet. I remember somewhere that they would be making it very difficult to save files from tablet to usb etc and that is what i would do.

i also downloaded es fileexplorer 3.2.2.55 used as it was oldest version i could find that supposedly work with my version of android tablet ie with android tablet version 4.2.2 and kernel 3.0.36+ . the moment it loads and tries to be used it takes screen back to original tablet home screen ie showing all app icons. Same happens when i open up generic bundled explorer app on tablet to open up urlto pdf folder and docs dataviz folder in normal file/folder opening way.

Please help im going out of my mind and iam not very computer literate. I have tried to find answer and have not found anything apart from rooting my tablet. I do not want to do this unless i have to due to above mentioned reason.

Thank you for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

I likely won't be much help as I am not currently using Android, but I do have one thought even without currently using Android.

You mentioned an update to Android. This make me wonder if the version of Dataviz's Documents to Go that you have is broken by that Android update. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing Docs to Go? Have you checked to see if there is an update to Docs to Go?

I guess I do have one other thought...can you view PDF or word processing files from other sources (i.e. not saved from Docs to Go)? In other words, is the problem isolated to just documents created with Docs to Go or cannot not view ANY PDF files, etc?

And I guess one question must to clarify...are you using Docs to Go to view these? This is my assumption, but I wanted to make sure.

#3 frustratedandroiduse

frustratedandroiduse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:01 PM

Thanks BC Advisor,

Yes i have reinstalled docstogo numerous times and tried different versions of it ie older and most current.Either way docs togo nor urlto pdf load properly at all anymore.Either says that it is not installed -even though icon shortcut does go to apps start ie home tablet screen-or halfheartedly loads up their start screens and then goes back to tablet homescreen.so no full loading of programs. I have tried getting the above apps from google playstore or just webs sites like apk or ap4.com or some such but no difference.

Pdfs can be viewed on my bundled android pdf viewer when they are standard pdfs downloaded from the internet but i can not view any pdfs using it when they are formed through urltopdf . as for docs to go i cant get it to load at all anymore and can not get default pdf viewer to open the docs to go folder at all even though memory usage increases normally as it would as if a file is saved in folder.

Docs to go -when it worked-was able to open up any pdf or doc file and in first case even when pdf was formed by urltopdf.

Thanks for helping and by the way i have javascript off and cookies off alot of time but i dont think i had them on when apps worked anyway.

This might not be right place to ask but maybe my tablet is rootkitted and needs to be scanned.no other behaviour on my tablet seems to be afected though. I tried looking at anti virus on bleeping computer but could fine none for android .They all seemed to be for windows mac or Linux.

Thanks again.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

If Doc to Go is not working and the default PDF viewer not be able to access the Docs to Go folder, then we are likely now outside my ability to help...as I kind of noted in my original post. My limits where some extremely low hanging fruit, so to speak. Hopefully others might be able to pick up what I pathetically dropped.

#5 frustratedandroiduse

frustratedandroiduse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:27 PM

BC Advisor,

Thanks anyway.I appreciate you trying. see you around.
Regards,

frustratedandroiduse

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

Sorry that I could not be of more help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users