Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Install Win7 from DVD Setup doesnt recognize Peripherals

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Roxxas

Roxxas

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:57 AM

Hi!

Problem:

Yesterday, I build my first "homemade" Computer. ("Factory new" parts)

Today I want to install windows 7 on it, but it doesnt recognize neither Mouse nor Keyboard in the Setup.

Although they work in the BIOS Menu.

What I did to try to fix the Problem

-Ask Google for help

-Turning the Computer off and on again

-Mouse and Keyboard are connected via the USB 2.0 Ports, as I know that Win7 doesnt actually support USB 3.0

--->I can tell they are the USB 2.0 Ports as it says so in the Mainboard Manuall

-I switched the Ports for Mouse and Keyboard with the System both running and not

-Turned the Computer off completly by removing the power cord and pressing the Power button multiple times

-Mouse and Keyboard work for sure, as they do on my Laptop and my former Computer

-"Played" with BIOS. Changed the Disabled/Enabled Status in Peripherals (xHci / eHci / Port Emulation / USB Legacy)

--->Some "Configurations" let me see the Mouse Icon in Win7 Setup, others dont.

What I did NOT to try to fix the Problem

-Installing Windows 7 via USB Stick as Image with USB 3.0 Drivers 

----> I don't have an USB Stick and just wanted to try everything possible before buying one

-Using A Ps2 Mouse and Keyboard

---->Don't have any

-Trying to install Windows 7 without the RAM Sticks on my Mainboard

----> I doubt that this will change anything at all

What I would like to know

-Is there a Configuration for the BIOS of my Mainboard to use the Keyboard and Mouse via USB2.0 in the Setup?

-Is there no other option than buying an USB Stick? Do I even need a certain one?

-Can I add the USB Drivers to the actuall Win 7 DVD?

-Would another OS be a better option for that System?

System Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor   

(Case and Power Supply dont matter I think?)

Thanks for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:03 AM

Depending on the Win 7 Disc and Manufactured Year , or if it is Svc Pk1  / 2 / 3 it may not have the Usb drivers.

Sometimes the F5 Option can be used at install via a Usb Stick with the Usb Drivers to Install.

I usually just use a PS2 Mouse and Keyboard if the Mobo has the Ports at rear panel.

I have a few just for this purpose on old Pc Repairs , and then install the Drivers after Install for the Usb etc.

Can Pick them up for $10 , or less at Garage Sales.

Hopefully this helps , if not someone will have a better solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users