Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winvmx Client Virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 kenzeebyrne

kenzeebyrne

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

Hey there Im new to this but currently Im dealing with Winvmx Client popping up and eating my resources.

Whenever I open any Anti Malware App I get an error that the resources are in use. 

The virus is effecting chrome also, but there is nothing new in my extensions and the settings don't seem altered and I've reset my settings multiple times. 

I used Farbar Recovery and was able to get these two files:

Any help would be appreciated. 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:53 AM

Hello

•   Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
  •   My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
  •   Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
  •   If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
  •   Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
  •   In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.
  •   Finally, please reply using the Post button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.
  •   I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit Supplement from here

Once you have downloaded the tool (contained in a .zip folder), you will need to extract the contents. We recommend extracting to your desktop.

To extract the files, locate the zipped folder that you want to unzip (extract) files or folders from. To unzip all the contents of the zipped folder, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions. Save them on your desktop

After the files are extracted, double-click the mbar.cmd file. If you are unsure which file this is, try double-clicking both files named mbar - only one of them will run.

Update the Database, then click on Next, then on Scan.

• Let it completes its scan (this can take a while);
  • Once the scan is done, make sure that every item is checked, and click on the Cleanup button (a reboot might be required);
  • After that (and the reboot, if one was required), go back in the mbar folder and look for a text file called mbar-log-TODAY'S-DATE.txt;
  • Copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply;

[b]2]/b]

Please run FRST again and post the new FRST.txt

Things to include in your next reply::

MBAR log

FRST.txt

How is the computer running now?

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#3 kenzeebyrne

kenzeebyrne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:31 AM

Attached File  resourcesError_01.png   178KB   0 downloadsAttached File  resourcesError_02.png   178.33KB   0 downloads

Thank you for the reply!

Sadly I can download, extract and have the mbar folder on my desktop but neither can open I've provided screenshots below. I've tried also running them as admin, and extracting the folder onto a spare USB and still cannot seem to open either choices. 

#4 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:58 AM

There is another file there that is named mbar that you did not click on. try clicking on it and see if it helps. If that does not work try the following

Go back in the MBAR folder, and rename the "mbar.exe" for something else, like "test.exe" and try to run it. Do you still get the same error message?

Edited by fireman4it, 26 April 2017 - 10:11 AM.

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#5 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:24 AM

Do you still need help?

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#6 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:04 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users