Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

college laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wxwxyy

wxwxyy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

Hello I will be majoring computer science , please check if this computer is good considering its price and specs.

Asus ZenBook 14" UX430UA-77DHDSB1

1 069,90 €

7gen Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Dual-Core, 2.7 GHz base - w/ turbo 3.5 GHz

16GB DDR4 2133MHz onboard

Intel® HD Graphics 620

SSD 512GB M.2 SATA3

1.25 kg

14.0" LED Back-lit, Ultra Slim 300nits, FHD 1920x1080 16:9, Anti-Glare, NTSC:72% WV

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Looks good to me, provided you aren't going to be doing anything that needs a powerful video card (gaming and CAD).

If you posted your location someone might find you a better machine for the same, or less, money.

#3 denco1

denco1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:17 AM

If I may post about the same topic. I'm thinking about the same laptop, but about the version with i5 CPU and 8GB of RAM. Doing programming, running virtual machine with Windows.

I have one concern though - is the laptop capable of running at least 10 hours everyday? I guess it could be considered as ultrabook, so isn't it more like take it to the lecture, write notes and when you get back home, work on your desktop PC?

Thanks.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

denco1, Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

If you are going to be running Virtual machines you're going to want more RAM.

Ultrabooks are normally thin and light weight, they can be just as powerful as most other computers.  There should be no issue running them 10 hours a day, provided you don't expect to do it on battery.

#5 denco1

denco1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:37 PM

Yeah, sure. I mean on AC. I have 4GB of RAM now. If keep just one empty browser opened and run Windows in VirtualBox, it's pretty good. So I think that 8GB of RAM should be enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users