Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wifi Issues and Zeroaccess

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frogmaster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

Hello, all! My PC is running windows 10 64bit and has been having some issues recently. My main problem lies in not being able to access the wifi through my laptop. Ethernet works fine, but the wireless doesn't, and I know the wifi is working because my phone has access. (I can connect to the wifi, but google chrome says the connection timed out) I've reset the router several times with no result. I think I might have some sort of virus...when I ran RKill, it came up with a number of ZEROACCESS Reparse Point/Junctions, as well as some other things I've never seen before. 

It could be unrelated, but lately hitting control f and looking for a word in Adobe Acrobat reader throws a "C:\\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error" message.

Can anyone give me advice on what to do?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

• Members
  • 1,126 posts
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

start computer in safe mode.....can you connect then?

when did this start?

Edited by mikey11, 25 April 2017 - 01:59 PM.

#3 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,161 posts
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

RKill is an easy to use tool that kills known processes and removes Windows Registry entries that stop a user from using their normal security applications.  RKill will not remove any of the processes it stops, you will need to run security scans to remove any malware found.  This should be run prior to running other security scans which will remove malware and other infections.  I didn't see anything is the RKill log which indicates an infection.  If you think you may be infected I would suggest starting a topic in the Am I Infected? What Do I Do? forum.

Most laptops have a button which turns the wifi on or off.  Have you checked to see if the wifi is enabled?

Have you looked in the Device Manager under Network and Sharing Center to see if there are any yellow warning icons or red error icons?  If you find either of these uninstall the driver.  When you restart the computer a new driver will be installed.

You could try using a wifi dongle to see if it works.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users