Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes 3 vs KIS Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chiiibill

chiiibill

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:59 AM

Have been happily using KIS and MBAM Pro (pre 3) and MBAE for some time.

Against better judgement (waiting for comments and bug fixes),  I upgraded to MB Premium 3 . I have MB as ALLOWED in KIS. Started having issues where often a real-time protection component would fail to start. Could only correct with laptop reboot.

MB tech support is good and responded quickly- recommended their uninstall tool followed by a clean install.  All went ok for a few days. then while reading email. Web Protection component shut off. Another reboot.

Next tech support email presented the problem as a conflict with KIS (duplication?). MB support recommended that I open KIS and:

-disable advanced disinfection

-disable rootkit scan

-delay Kaspersky startup

Don't feel very comfortable with this. The new MB  version 3 is a new kid on the block with compatibility issues (I guess due to taking over some Suites tasks) even though they clam they can run alongside other security apps. Not sure how it fits in with Suites...Or do you now forgo suites and go simple AV + MB 3? But then you miss out on other protection.

Is there a fix? Is there a way to revert back to an older MBAM version along with old Anti-Exploit (and is it recommended? Also, re: AE's how does Hitman Pro.A compare lately?). I run Zemana on demand also. But the comparison tests that I've seen showed fairly good results for both with an equal amount of nasties getting through on both.

Actually, with clean install only had the one occurrence (so far) not the frequent issues. Any reason not to leave things as is (even with overlapping functions)?

Any recommendations?  Was very happy with both MBAM & KIS.

Thanks.

Edited by chiiibill, 25 April 2017 - 07:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

For such issues with Malwarebytes 3.0 the development team recommend you start a new topic in the Malwarebytes 3.0 Support Forum so the development team can investigate and correct the problem.

The Malwarebytes Tech Support & Help Forum team know the inner workings of the program and have direct access to the developers and research engineers. Your best option is ask and wait for them to figure out what is going on.

Since Malwarebytes 3.0 was released, many users have reported various issues and glitches. While Malwarebytes has diligently attempted to address these problems, the development team is still receiving complaints. For those users who are in that category, they can revert back to Malwarebytes 2.x which can be downloaded from here.

MBAE 1.09 - Latest standalone BETA download
MBAE 1.09.1.1384 download link
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 chiiibill

chiiibill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

Understood.

Thanks, once again quietman, for the recommendations, explanations and links.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:14 PM

You're welcome and good luck.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif