Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer being weird

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 skyathatoneguy

skyathatoneguy

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:12 AM

sometime in the last month or 2 my computer started going slow on the internet im having trouble connecting to pages sometimes having to reload the same page like 3-5 times just to get it to load sometimes the page loads just the words but no pictures or just fails to load at all its weird.

found something in the event log
Name resolution for the name secureir.ebaystatic.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.
theres a few like that

also this
Intel® Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter
 Network link is disconnected.

i tried a bunch of self fixes like using a different internet browser scanned with avast and malwarebytes running out of ideas and could use some help its come to the point where posting my items on eBay takes twice as long as usual so definitely would like to get it back to normal. also this is my first post on this forum so if i messed up somewhere just let me know

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:08 AM

Update network card driver. Use google DNS servers.

Posted Image

#3 skyathatoneguy

skyathatoneguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

i just tried to update network card driver now im not a pro so let me know if i did it wrong but i went to device manager and there was 2 options under network adapters so i right clicked on both of those and clicked update driver then clicked search automatically but they both came up with the best drivers are already installed. so looks like they are already up to date unless im doing it wrong and if so please let me know

these are the 2 things under network adapter in device manager that i tried to update but couldn't find any updates
intel® Gigabit CT desktop adapter
This Qualcomm Atheros Network Controller connects you to the network

also i actually tried the Google DNS server already when i was looking up ways to fix it myself i found that and tried it by going into my Ethernet ipv4 settings and selected use the following DNS server address then i typed in the 8.8.8.8. im pretty sure i did it right as i rebooted computer and then searched internet but it didn't seem to fix anything so i went back to the settings and changed them back to normal by clicking obtain DNS server automatically

again im no pro so if either of those sound wrong please let me know and i will try them again!! if not please any other help/advice is Greatly appreciated this has seriously slowed my computer down by a ton and is causing my work to take way to long! thanks again!

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

Download drivers from below links.

Intel® Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter

Qualcomm Atheros Network

Posted Image

#5 skyathatoneguy

skyathatoneguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

downloaded and ran the Automatically detect and update drivers and software program on the intel link you gave me and it said no drivers where detected for your product. and now i feel useless i went to the qualcomm aetheros network website you gave me but have no idea what one i need to download i tried to go back to the device manager to see if i could find the actual name of what i have so i can download the correct driver but all im seeing is This Qualcomm Atheros Network Controller connects you to the network. so thats not helping me at all sorry to be a pain but if you could help me find what ones i actually have so i can try to download the correct drivers that would help a lot! thank you very much!

#6 skyathatoneguy

skyathatoneguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:27 PM

CCT25vO.png

#7 skyathatoneguy

skyathatoneguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:28 PM

i was able to find this information but im still not 100% sure what drivers i need tho gonna try to figure it out myself best i can will comment again if i figure it out but if u see this before i figure it out and can help me find what drivers to download would be appreciated thanks!

EDIT: i went to
http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads
and Downloaded Killer Control Center 64-bit

Comments: Includes Killer Control Center software and drivers for Wireless-AC, Killer E2200, Killer E2400, and Killer E2500.

i believe this is the correct driver i need since in the system information it says killer e2200 gigabit Ethernet controller. after installing this on my computer in device manager it now says killer e2200 gigabit Ethernet controller when it used to say This Qualcomm Atheros Network Controller connects you to the network.

i hope i have done this correct it all seems right to me? if i messed up just let me know and ill delete it?? idk im trying!

Edited by skyathatoneguy, 25 April 2017 - 02:37 PM.

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy,  taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course): p22004369.gif

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot. You will see the following prompt:

p22004371.gif

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

p22004372.gif

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the Add Reply button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Send below the Reply box.

Posted Image

#9 skyathatoneguy

skyathatoneguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qlgqkoXX0M5JcyiaU5Z2Q17

#10 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

Updaye Java Runtime Environment.
Backup your Avast settings and uninstall Avast to find out if Avast causing the issue.

Download drivers from below links.

http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads?task=callelement&format=raw&item_id=41&element=f85c494b-2b32-4109-b8c1-083cca2b7db6&method=download&args[0]=7a32114426091a1be45c415ece3cf0f1

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/21642/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-8-?product=50395

Edited by FreeBooter, 25 April 2017 - 07:31 PM.

Posted Image

#11 skyathatoneguy

skyathatoneguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:02 AM

just noticed your reply will do these steps later today and get back to you thanks again

EDIT: ok i have updated java run time environment. also have backed up settings and uninstalled avast.

and visited both your links however the top link for killer network just says ( Invalid file! )
and the 2nd link for intel i downloaded it and ran it but it then said ( Cannot install drivers. No Intel® Adapters are present in this computer )

Edited by skyathatoneguy, 27 April 2017 - 04:55 PM.

#12 skyathatoneguy

skyathatoneguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:13 AM

pretty sure i still need help my internet pages are still loading rather slow much slower then a month or 2 ago. however something we did fixed the problem i was having with pages not loading at all before we started i would have to refresh the same page like 5 times to get it to load that has been fixed but the pages are still loading pretty slow especially when i open 2 or more tabs at once. do you have any other ideas to help fix my internet pages loading crazy slow? my comp is pretty good and my internet connection is really fast should be getting much faster loading then this

also having troubles loading videos like on you tube i have to leave it buffering for like 2 mins b4 i can even start watching the video.

also i uninstalled avast antivirus as you asked im not really sure if that is what was causing the problem or not tho. should i re install and if it seems to make it worse then just delete again? or do you have a suggestion as a replacement for avast?

#13 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:32 AM

I can believe network card drivers did not installed Speccy log listed those two network cards connected to your computer.

Have you tested your broadband speed?

Reset your router to its factory default settings.

For now please don't install Avast lets first resolve the network speed issue.

Can you boot Windows into "Safe Mode with Networking" and check slow network resolves within Safe Mode.

4 Ways to boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10

Posted Image

#14 skyathatoneguy

skyathatoneguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:01 AM

i just ran a test on my internet speed using speedtest

Download Speed 141.24 Mbps
Upload Speed 10.73 Mbps
Ping 8 ms

i think thats pretty good but i sure dont feel like i have those speed when browsing the internet lol.

i reset my router settings to default but then i went in to the settings and changed my channel to 6 because theres tons of activity on channel 1 around me and added a password but other then that its default settings

and im not really sure what you want me to do while using safe mode with networking. i know how to get into safe mode with networking just not sure what i should be doing while there

Edited by skyathatoneguy, 05 May 2017 - 05:02 AM.

#15 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:16 AM

While in Safe Mode browse the internet as you normally do to test the internet browsing speed.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users