Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iMessage are sent as Text message

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 loki73

loki73

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:16 AM

Hi everyone, 

My iPhone is sending text instead of iMessage to few contacts.

My iOS is uptodate. I tried Resetting network settings, logged off from Apple ID in iMessages and log in.

My contacts to whom which i'm unable to send iMessages are using iPhone.

I used to send iMessages, once I force sent a message as Text message and i'm not sure whether from that day all messages are sent as Text messages. 

I tried deleting the thread and started as new conversation but it doesn't help.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:08 AM

Are you sure the people you are trying to send an iMessage to still have iMessage set to the on position on their iPhone? Double check with them.

Also, keep in mind that iMessage requires a data connection for both you and the person you are sending the iMessage to. If the Apple system detects that either of you does not have a data connection, then it will send as a text message. So, if you (or they) temporarily lose your data connection (i.e. in a weak cell zone coverage...text messages can go in pretty weak areas, while cell data not so much), then you lose your ability to send an iMessage. When this happens, the place where you type your message will say "text" if there is an in ability to send an iMessage for whatever reason. If the place where you type your message says "iMessage", then it will try to send it as an iMessage...if it fails, it will then typically try to sent it as a text message. Generally, the system is better at detecting upfront when the sender does not have data connection. If the receiver loses their data connection, then it typically takes longer for the Apple system to "learn" that and pass that information onto you for when you go to type the message and see what the entry box says. This is why you might have it saying "iMessage", but then fail to send as an iMessage. Also, on your end, it is not just a lose of data connection, but a weak connection. In the case of a weak connection, the system might still believe you have a data connection, but when it goes to try to send the iMessage, it discovers that it the connection is not good enough and cannot send as an iMessage.

#3 alinajetly

alinajetly

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:53 AM

I have downloaded iOS 11 before the native release on my iPhone 7 Plus. and I also having trouble of after installing iOS 11 imessage not delivered issue my iPhone.

but i tried given steps and easily get rid of on issue.
- Turn off and Turn on iMessage

- Reset Network, Try another attempt

- Restart or Reboot

And more solution withe screen here - https://www.howtoisolve.com/imessage-not-delivered-on-iphone-ipad-ios/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users