Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Center has shut down

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DottieR

DottieR

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:08 AM

The Guide was not downloading so I tried the fixes that worked once before. Didn't help this time and eventually WMC stopped working. Tried all the fixed for that, turn it off and on, delete ehome, turn servers off and on, etc. Finally I did a reinstall/repair and it still didn't work. Ms forum forum said to check for driver updates but Device Manager said they were all up to date. The ehome file deletion was suggested but I don't seem to have "Program Data" file to get to it although I found it before but don't remember how I did it. I used Driver Booster and it updated about a dozen drivers. I ran the other cleanup and optimization on it. Still no WMC. The windows 7 forum said to go to the tech forum, but they had nothing.

Windows 7 Service pack 1, 64bit. Hauppauge Win TV-HVR 1150 capture device.

the error message is--

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    ehshell.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    6.1.7600.16385
  Problem Signature 03:    4a5bd053
  Problem Signature 04:    mcstore
  Problem Signature 05:    6.1.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    4ce7b873
  Problem Signature 07:    1a1
  Problem Signature 08:    146
  Problem Signature 09:    System.InvalidOperationException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033

Can you help? I guess I can spend a couple of days wiping the disk and reinstalling everything, but I would rather not. I really liked the convenience of using the Guide to program recording. The Win TV program that came with the TV tuner doesn't have that.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lvlpost

Lvlpost

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:47 AM

Any recent changes made to your computer? Does this happen while watching videos from a DVD or a video saved on your computer?

Try to install the latest video drivers on your computer.

1.Click on start button.

2. In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.

3. Right click on the driver and choose uninstall.

Download and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue persists.

Edited by Lvlpost, 26 April 2017 - 02:48 AM.

#3 DottieR

DottieR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:08 AM

As I said in my post, I had used "Driver Booster" to upgrade all my drivers. Is that inadequate or faulty.

The device manager does not actually list any video drivers as such.

The driver on the installation disk for the tv receiver is all I could find that will install.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by DottieR, 26 April 2017 - 09:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users