Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need Powershell help asap Please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 vesterlee2008

vesterlee2008

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

I am new to working with this stuff and I was given an assignment to figure out.  

Here is what it looks like. can someone help me with the codes with these 4?   

CREATE A DIRECTORY CALLED Scripts in your C:\ drive

New-Item -type directory -path C:\ -name Scripts

==============================================================

1. Check if the service status of Background Intelligence

Transfer Service is running.

if it is, stop the service

if it is not, then start the service

Edited by vesterlee2008, 24 April 2017 - 10:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:57 PM

vesterlee2008 wrote, in part:  ". . . I was given an assignment to figure out."

If this is homework you honestly should not be asking for assistance here.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#3 vesterlee2008

vesterlee2008
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:06 PM

WHY NOT?   Where can I go to ask for help here.  Is there a Police monitor here or something?   

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:12 PM

WHY NOT?   Where can I go to ask for help here.  Is there a Police monitor here or something?   

Because it's your homework.  The entire point is for you to make the mental effort to figure this out by yourself.   If you don't understand the purpose of academic exercises, which is what these are, I'm certainly not going to have any luck explaining it to you.

It's pretty much a universal premise that getting outside assistance with academic assignments is defined as cheating.  There's a reason for that.

What's present here are people who've worked through precisely these sorts of academic exercises, on their own, that you're trying to avoid.  Very few are going to be willing to assist in that endeavor, nor should they be.

Edited by britechguy, 24 April 2017 - 10:12 PM.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,835 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

As has been explained. BleepingComputer is not the place for posting questions and getting fed the answers for homework assignments. We are more than willing to help you understand concepts and assist in learning additional material. So that you can complete the assignment yourself.