Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop reloads everything on desktop frequently??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wonder25

wonder25

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:26 PM

Hi everyone,

So couple of minutes ago, i was transffering some photos from my samsung android tablet into a USB, using my laptop. (windows 10, hp, 64-bits) 

And I deleted a folder that I found that I didn't need (it was of a photo app that I didn't use anymore) then was checking around storage. Then the file explorer became not responsive. So I closed the window (by clicking the x button couple of times until it worked), then the screen showed a blank purple colour (this is my theme colour I chose) then showed my desktop and reloads all the icons on the desktop and the task bar stuff. 

I was so confused and I opened the file explorer and opened the storage of my tablet, and the folder was not deleted. So i went back and deleted it and it was fine after that and I deleted couple of other things etc.

My question is why does this happen? (why did it reload everything?)

Sometimes when I boot my laptop it does this after couple of seconds and reloads the task bar icons or things on the desktop (but doesn't suddenly show a block of colour on the screen), more frequent when I am scanning the laptop sometimes with anti-malwarebytes or downloading updates/installing them. Or just at random. I always have been curious.

Also! why did it become not responsive and then not delete a folder? I am guessing it is related to it reloading everything or being strange etc.?

Hopefully that wasn't too long to read or makes sense! 

Thank you :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:06 PM

Be careful when deleting things.

Make a full system backup before doing so.

Try restarting to see new changes.

Edited by medab1, 24 April 2017 - 07:23 PM.

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users