Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Troubleshooting Printer Unexpected Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ealvin

ealvin

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:22 PM

All of a sudden I'm having trouble getting my Dell wireless printer to print. I've tried in the Win 10 troubleshooting app but I get an unexpected error and the process can't be completed. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:53 PM

I'd start with resetting your network equipment and the printer.

#3 ealvin

ealvin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what my resetting network equipment and printer means or how to do it. Could you clarify that for me?

Edited by ealvin, 24 April 2017 - 06:08 PM.

#4 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

ealvin:

:welcome: to the Bleeping Computer Windows 10 Support Forum.

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your wireless printer.  Some more information would be helpful: printer model, computer make and model, which version of Windows are you running, etc.  I presume that you are running Windows 10. What is the build number?  Specifically, could this issue have arisen after the Creator's Update (Build 1703)?

You can try rebooting your modem to reset it.

There are many other possibilities, such as your firewall may have decided to block access to your printer (try turning it off to see if you can print)?

You may have been "sideswiped" by a Windows update that is not compatible with your wireless printer driver.  You should check the Dell website to ensure that you have the latest printer driver and firmware update for your model of printer.

The wireless access may have been accidentally turned off in the printer - check the settings and make sure that they are correct.  We had an Internet tech here at our home a few weeks ago, who modified our wireless network in fixing another issue, rendering all of our wireless devices incapable of communicating without being configured to the slightly different "new" wireless network.

If I were you, I would also go to the Dell Forums and search your printer model for posts reporting similar issues.  "Mr. Google" is your friend.   :)

Please get back to us with more information and whether you were able to resolve the problem.  If you are using Bitdefender as your anti-virus/firewall, as I am, then the firewall settings may have to be "tweaked."

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Edited by garioch7, 25 April 2017 - 12:14 PM.

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users