Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Prices on old Servers, Switches, and Routers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 duffstyleabottle

duffstyleabottle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

Hi everyone,

I have been tasked with figuring out the average prices of my bosses old switches, routers, and servers. He would like to sell them and needs me to find out what prices they are going for. Here are a few just to give you an idea of what he has.

Cisco Systems - Catalyst 3550 Series Inline Power : ws-c3550-24pwr-smi
Dell PowerEdge R610
Dell PowerVault MD322oi

Does anyone have any idea of where I could go to figure out the prices of these in today's day in age? I have checked Cisco an Dell's website but haven't seen any prices.

Any help would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

Look for the same items from used networking equipment vendors. Then price accordingly.

One such vendor as an example: http://www.hulanetworks.com

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:14 PM

Cisco Systems - Catalyst 3550 Series Inline Power : ws-c3550-24pwr-smi
Dell PowerEdge R610
Dell PowerVault MD322oi

You could just try Googling (or Binging) each item with the word "used" after the item name or model. You will likely get a number of results with wildly varying prices (as I did when I Googled each item), but then it appears you did not provide enough specific information (i.e. how much storage in the PowerVault as an example) to narrow down the options on all the items.

Edited by smax013, 24 April 2017 - 08:15 PM.

#4 RickThomas2018

RickThomas2018

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:03 PM

You can get an accurate quote on your used Cisco equipment from NetEquity.com

#5 AdminPower

AdminPower

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:37 PM

You could also look around on ebay. If you start a listing for something a lot of times during the listing process before you actually have to go through with anything it will give you an idea of what similar items are tending at. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users