Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail LInk Missing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andrew193

andrew193

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

My browser is Firefox and i used to have a gmail link top right by the "Waffle" that i could click on to open it but now it's disappeard and i have to go into the "Waffle" to access it. Why has it just diappeared and how can i get it back?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

I have no idea why or how it disappeared but I'd try going into the View -> Toolbars -> Customize  settings.  It should be there and you should be able to drag it back out again.  You can also get rid of things like the Pocket feature, etc., if you don't use them which gives you more "real estate" for toolbar controls you actually want.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 andrew193

andrew193
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

Well i've no idea whats going on because it's suddenly re appeared again :bananas:

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:08 PM

As an alternative , you can open gmail in a tab while firefox is open, then right click on the gmail tab and select "Pin Tab"

Each time you open Firefox, gmail will also load in a small tab to the left of the main tab bar.....I will attach a pic...it will explain better. I i have two gmail accounts, therefore 2 pinned tabs. I only need to hover the mouse over them to know if any new message has been received to either a/c)

rsekog.jpg

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users