Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TrayAp.msi - Startup file deleted in error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JimConsidine

JimConsidine

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

Hello,

In an effort to trim off every unneeded program running to get this old laptop to limp into the sunset, I went to far. Making the oldest mistake in the book, I say,"HP Quick Launch Buttons ... what are these?? I don't use or need this program and deleted it." 

Starting my computer now involves going through a series of hitting "cancel" to offers by the PC to seek and reinstall the file TrayAp.msi 

I have searched the PC for such a file and none such exists to my knowledge.

HP's automated support has proved useless so far.

I expect that this file is in front of my face or on my repair disk (yes, I made a repair disk back in 2011 and have it at my disposal).

What say ye?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:46 PM

Model number of the HP? 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01136921

According to the below page TrayAp.msi is part of HP Photosmart software. Did you delete it? It may be part of the printer software package if you have a HP printer.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00811375

#3 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

Recover to factory specs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users