Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TrayAp.msi - Startup file deleted in error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JimConsidine

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

In an effort to trim off every unneeded program running to get this old laptop to limp into the sunset, I went to far. Making the oldest mistake in the book, I say,"HP Quick Launch Buttons ... what are these?? I don't use or need this program and deleted it." 

Starting my computer now involves going through a series of hitting "cancel" to offers by the PC to seek and reinstall the file TrayAp.msi 

I have searched the PC for such a file and none such exists to my knowledge.

HP's automated support has proved useless so far.

I expect that this file is in front of my face or on my repair disk (yes, I made a repair disk back in 2011 and have it at my disposal).

What say ye?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,154 posts
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:46 PM

Model number of the HP? 

According to the below page TrayAp.msi is part of HP Photosmart software. Did you delete it? It may be part of the printer software package if you have a HP printer.

#3 medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

Recover to factory specs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users