Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Import Apple Mail Archive In Outlook Mac 2016

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 P_Anderson

P_Anderson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:06 PM

Hello everyone, a few years back I archived my apple mail database to ensure the safety of my emails. Currently, I am working with the outlook for mac 2016 and I find this email client much better than apple mail. Now how can I import that archive file of apple mail into outlook mac? I tried importing the archived file but outlook mac does not show any options to import .mbox file.

Please help to find me the solution.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

What kind of email accounts are you using? Are they IMAP? If so, then one option is to sign into your IMAP account(s) in Apple Mail, then import into Apple Mail the archived mbox messages, and then move those messages to one or more of the IMAP folders. This will then sync the messages to the IMAP server...and they should then show up in Outlook. You can then delete the IMAP account(s) from Apple Mail and just use Outlook.

The other option is one of the many conversion tools out there. I am not familiar with any of them, so I cannot comment on how effective/well they work. I am sure that someone will come along to post a suggest to one (or more) in short order, however.

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

Unfortunately, Outlook for Mac 2106 doesn't support files in the .mbox file format, so you can't import them directly. Your best best is a third-party conversion tool, or using the method suggested by @smax013 to import them into another email account using Apple Mail and then switch to using that account in Outlook.

This thread contains suggestions for tools that will convert .mbox files to other formats: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3272421?start=30&tstart=0

#4 KennethCoblentz

KennethCoblentz

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:17 AM

This topic has been covered multiple times on many tech forum sites. It seems that there is no direct way of transferring the email database on cross platforms. Apple Mail email database has a different format that is not supported by Outlook for Mac. However, software developers have made some improvements in this field and provided third-party software. You can various softwares to deal with this situation. I have found a similar thread, have a look:-

Let us know what worked out for you. Thanks

#5 P_Anderson

P_Anderson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:25 PM

This topic has been covered multiple times on many tech forum sites. It seems that there is no direct way of transferring the email database on cross platforms. Apple Mail email database has a different format that is not supported by Outlook for Mac. However, software developers have made some improvements in this field and provided third-party software. You can various softwares to deal with this situation. I have found a similar thread, have a look:-

Let us know what worked out for you. Thanks

Mail exporter pro served the best for the migration from apple mail to outlook 2016. Thanks for the thread link.

#6 pakwas

pakwas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:06 AM

Have you tried this: http://download.cnet.com/GainTools-MBOX-Converter/3000-2369_4-77527053.html

Edited by pakwas, 17 March 2018 - 04:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users