Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bypass google account on HTC

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 spngbobis4me

spngbobis4me

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

I have a Cricket HTC and it wants the previous google account info which I don't have, is there a way to get to bypass this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,831 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

Bypass and replace or add another account? Not sure what you're trying to accomplish?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 spngbobis4me

spngbobis4me
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:35 PM

I am trying to activate the phone with my carrier but it says its locked and it wants the Google account log-in. I don't have this info.

I bought the phone on CL and don't have a way to get this info? Isn't there anyway to bypass this so I can use this phone?

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:54 AM

I would try, in order:

1. Performing a "factory reset" on the phone (and I can't tell you exactly how, but that information is readily available in step-by-step format on the web for virtually any smartphone you can name) and see if that gets you around the problem.
  2. If #1 does not work then call the carrier, explain that you acquired the phone from someone else, and are trying to activate it again for your own use.  They can generally reset their systems or tell you how to get around the issue.
  3. As a last resort, flash a custom recovery to the device followed by flashing a custom ROM or a copy of the stock ROM to it.  Once a new Android OS is in place it's essentially as though the thing is brand new.  (Or at least that's been my experience on two devices that I own when I flashed a new version of Android.  Mind you, though, neither had ever been activated for use as a phone, that's why I suggest #2 first.  Unless the carrier suspects theft it's generally in their best interests if they wish to make more money from airtime to allow the new owner to activate the device.)

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#5 spngbobis4me

spngbobis4me
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:28 PM

Thank you, I have tried the hard reset but it still want the Google log in info. I also took it into the carrier and they said I needed this info also and without it they could not do anything?

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,472 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:50 PM

I remain a bit confused.  Pretty much all Android devices, and particularly those "of a certain age" as you for a Google Account as part of the setup of a device, but you can supply any Google Account.

A factory reset should wipe the device (lets not get into the fact that old data can sometimes be reconstructed) and start walking you though setup from scratch.

If the device is still locked with the former owner's credentials then the factory reset has not worked.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

#7 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

1.Turn off your phone
2.Press all the buttons for 10 seconds
3.Select Clear eMMC
4.Turn on your phone
5.Make a new Google account when asked

#8 spngbobis4me

spngbobis4me
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:47 AM

The carrier told me it was an added security feature and it only asks for it once. I did try and enter my google account info but it said it couldn't find my account?

#9 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

Are you sure you are typing all the information correctly, like your password? Either way, try typing it in again and if it doesn't work, make a new Google account on your PC and enter it in on your smartphone afterwards. You can change it to your regular Google account after you log into your smartphone. If this doesn't work, go again to your carrier and tell them you are not leaving or letting anyone on the line after you until they provide your problem with some attention. That usually ought to do the job...:lmao:
I am serious, btw.

Edited by Just_One_Question, 27 April 2017 - 07:54 AM.

#10 spngbobis4me

spngbobis4me
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

I tried my google account like three times same result, I have no problem signing in on my PC with it? When it gets to the google account in setup it just asks for the previous google account info, there is no option to enter a new google account?

I also tried the steps you suggested to clear the eMMC and when I do this I don't get any option to clear this. The options I get are: REBOOT

REBOOT TO BOOTLOADER

BOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE

BOOT TO RECOVERY MODE

POWER DOWN

#11 spngbobis4me

spngbobis4me
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

Is it possible to root my phone (even if I cant boot to settings menu) and by doing this will that bypass the google lock that is on my phone?

If I am able to do this can you tell me how if there is a way to enable USB debugging since I cannot get to my settings?

Thank you!

#12 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

I'm sorry, I really don't know enough to help you with your last 2 comments in this topic. You might want to check KingoRoot, though. It would probably be faster to try if it would work instead of reading on the Internet if it's possible to do it or not.:)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 29 April 2017 - 03:59 PM.

#13 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,472 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

You will need to find out the actual model number of your device, which is usually located on a sticker behind the battery.

Once you have that you should do a web search on:

1.  Root and the device 

2.  Custom recovery and the device

3.  Stock and/or custom ROM (Android OS) and the device.

You will have to root the device, install a custom recovery, then reflash the stock ROM or custom ROM to get back to the land of the living if nothing you've done so far has worked.

There are one-step root techniques for virtually any device you can name and the step-by-step directions for doing that and the rest are out there and don't bear rehashing here.

#14 john19

john19

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:00 AM

I was also looking for same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users