Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

repair startup repeating, looping

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 earrrrr

earrrrr

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

This is a HP G71 449WM laptop. W7- 64 bit

I think this was caused by low battery and power outage (or surge). In diagnostic test - 0601 appears 10 times or more.

I cant get into Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt. It starts to load but then stops/crashes..

What memory tests and such I can find have all "passed". (These also repeat/loop of themselves)

I am not very expert at this. If any can point me in the RIGHT direction I will be mucho appreciative. I do not know what to look for.

I do have access to another computer to make dvd of repair tools, but I do not know which to choose nor how to run. (Please assume that I am totally ignorant, I am.)

Where do I begin? How to know what applies to my case? Please ask me to provide what information is relevant.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 earrrrr

earrrrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:38 AM

Okay, some ramdom info about my case

Windows cannot repaire this....details:

Problem event---- "StartupRepairOffline"

signature 05 ----AutoFailover

signature 07----NoRootCause

I have made a disk from another w7 64 bit. Not a download from internet but "startup repaire" from operating system. I did this because I read on internet to do so.

The problem computer recognised it and said it was "loading files" or something, but did not solve problem.

Should keep repeating repair tool?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

HP Support Forum Comments

Louis

#4 earrrrr

earrrrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:36 PM

Thanks Louis.  Yes I have read those, believe it or not....but my problem is that I cant "boot up" or "log on". The only interface I get is the repeating startuprepaire and the few other options.

Throw out a bone and I will research it. So far I have been lead here...because I dont have w7 disk. 

I have replaced the battery now with a new (HP) and power supply. The new battery drains really fast I notice - an hour or two.

#5 earrrrr

earrrrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

I opened BIOS

#6 earrrrr

earrrrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:39 PM

Now I am trying this :

and I have a question about some of the files/values I am seeing.

"DONT DO THIS  if you see ZERO values"  at minute 5:30...my values there are none zero.

However, earlier at 4:12 I am seeing 

0 Files

7 Dirs

Does this matter.?

....and is this likely to help me?

Edited by earrrrr, 23 April 2017 - 02:41 PM.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,305 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

Tap F8 at boot and select Disable Auto Restart on System Failure. Does the computer throw a BSOD at boot?

Edited by JohnC_21, 23 April 2017 - 02:54 PM.

#8 earrrrr

earrrrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

bsod? blue screen? I dont think so. I can see a windows design. 

it gets almost as far as the 4 dots moving around ...but just before that (4 dots thing) a white flash 1/10 second. Then black a few seconds then windows screen.... BUT START UP REPAIR only

#9 earrrrr

earrrrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

do you think that tutorial applies to what I have described?

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,305 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

I don't know if the video applies to you. Your problem resulted from a power outage. The video is showing a method to copy backup registry hives. Your problem may be in the Boot Configuration files or BCD store. Have you tried doing a powercycle? Pull the power then hold the power button for 30 seconds. Replace the power cord and reboot. If a laptop also remove the main battery before holding the power button.

When you tap F8 for advanced boot options can you select repair computer and do a System Restore?

I have not been able to find that diagnostic code other than a possible system board failure.

Edited by JohnC_21, 23 April 2017 - 03:49 PM.

#11 earrrrr

earrrrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:08 PM

I don't know if the video applies to you. Your problem resulted from a power outage. The video is showing a method to copy backup registry hives. Your problem may be in the Boot Configuration files or BCD store. Have you tried doing a powercycle? Pull the power then hold the power button for 30 seconds. Replace the power cord and reboot. If a laptop also remove the main battery before holding the power button.

--------I have not done "power cycle". The error code is shown as having occurred about 10 times in the past. I had a bad battery  and that would happen every time the power went out - a recovery was needed

When you tap F8 for advanced boot options can you select repair computer and do a System Restore?

------Yes that works. I have done at least 2 Restores. I could do more, but I dont know if that is good.

I have not been able to find that diagnostic code other than a possible system board failure.

---------Again, that code has and a specific warning has been showing up after power failures.  I did finally buy a new battery

#12 earrrrr

earrrrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

Tap F8 at boot and select Disable Auto Restart on System Failure. Does the computer throw a BSOD at boot?

Okay Now I did that and a blue screen with a message appears.

A problem has been detected .... and shut down to prevent damage...  ...  ...run CHKDSK  /F for hard drive corruption and restart.

Stop: 0x0000007B  (0xFFFFF88000A98E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x00000000000000000

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,305 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:32 PM

That stop code usually indicates a problem with the Mass Storage Driver. If a System Restore Fixes the problem I would do that. Doing a System Restore is not going to damage the computer.

If the System Restore does not work then do a chkdsk but before doing that I would backup all your important data. In fact it would be a good idea to backup your data before the System Restore if the hard drive is the only device where the data is located.

#14 earrrrr

earrrrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:06 PM

Thank you. 

I dont think I can do any backup because I cant get in.  There is no real important data. Autofill names and passwords is my concern. It was only used for internet forums, researching interesting hobby stuff.  

The several memory tests all passed, if that means anything

#15 earrrrr

earrrrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

I will do backups from now on, though. It would have prevented this.  I just have to learn how

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users