Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mshta virus on my windows 10!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GalaxyHunter199

GalaxyHunter199

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:38 AM

so i dont know how this thing even got to my PC! it just appeared one day! it is hard to see if it is gone or not cause it only appears once on few weeks!

http://imgur.com/a/MOgxQ

so, when this first appeared i was like huh?? then i just closed it cause i panicked 0-0.... but then it appeared after like, 2 weeks and then i was like this again!? so i went to task manager while I had the chance and opened the file location and saw that it was mshta.exe from the sysWOW64 folder which I know of course isn't the virus/malware, so I clicked the arrow beside the process and saw that the one using mshta.exe was called setup.log... now, I don't know how to remove it 0-0 I couldn't open file location but I enabled the category named command line and went to that location but the file named setup.log wasn't there! only the files name SyncTask, TTL.DAT, STTL.DAT, and info.dat which is in lowercase, so I enabled show hidden files and folders but nothing! I checked task scheduler and found the same exact name of the folder but it said it at 1:29 AM

everyday - After Triggered, repeat every 1 hour for a duration of 1 day and I didn't know what that meant! I decided to post it here on bleeping computer to see if anybody can help me before I delete some files cause it may damage my system, I used MBAM to scan and Windows Defender Anti-Virus Center (its the new windows defender on the creator's update) but both didn't find anything! if nobody will help me then I guess ill just ignore it and just close it like its nothing everytime it opens XD, but seriously, I guess my computer wont be infected unless I click next, its just really hard to know if its gone or not cause you know, I already said it 0-0.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GalaxyHunter199

GalaxyHunter199
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:27 AM

uhh... somebody reply??

#3 GalaxyHunter199

GalaxyHunter199