Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown network appearing in my Known saved networks in Wifi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AndyWWW

AndyWWW

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:31 AM

Hi All

I have an IT question which hopefully someome might be able to help me with.

i have noticed recently ive got a saved wifi connection in my settings on my windows laptop, iWhen I say this I dont mean in.the options to connect to available networks but like say if you stayed in a hotel and used their wifi and it saves it in your manage wifi known network settings.

It says vodafone wifi network but ive never connected to such a network. Plus i dont have vodafone and apparently neither do anyone else in the house. I can click on forget and it disappears whilst i leave laptop on. However when i reboot it regenerates itself. Like I said it is as if I have actually connected to the network and its savded the connection for the future

We have virgin in the house for connection. Can anyone shed some light pleasse? I can only go into details or forget?

I share a house with others (i dont resally know) . I have 2 neighbours either side of me also. One of hte guys in the house has a Xbox, he said his friend have vodafone, 

Can someone please help as I am worried that I have an infection or someone is making unauthorised connections to my laptop

All of the connections available in the list are just a series of numbers - so Im not sure which connection it is in reference to

Thanks

A

Edited by AndyWWW, 23 April 2017 - 03:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AndyWWW

AndyWWW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

Hi Can somebody help with the attached at all please? surely this is not typical have the same network appearing in my saved wifi conecitons when I have never conmected to it? Please can someone help?

Thanks

A

Edited by AndyWWW, 27 April 2017 - 04:16 PM.

#3 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:57 PM

Probably better to take a Snapshot of what your seeing and upload here.

Also what Operating System your running.....

Hi Can somebody help with the attached at all please? s

Nothing Atttached ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users