· OS - Windows 10
· x64 Bit
· What was original installed OS on system? - Windows 7
· Is the OS an OEM version or full retail version? - Got the Windows 10 ISO maker from their website and used my Windows 7 disc key (Windows 7 disc came from Amazon)
· Age of system (hardware) - A little over a year
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? - Installed Windows 10 a few months ago
· CPU - AMD(FX) 8350
· Video Card - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
· MotherBoard - AMD 9 Series FX Motherboards GA-970A-D3P
· Power Supply - Corsair CX600 (600w)
· System Manufacturer - Custom Built (Built myself with parts from Amazon)
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) - N/A
· Laptop or Desktop? - Desktop PC
These issues happened in the past, I had an old post on here where they seemed to be fixed, but recently (as of 4/21/17) the issues started to come back and the blue screens happened more often. The one thing I still notice while looking at why they happen, is a driver called "ntoskrnl.exe" The code is usually different but it's usually "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY"
Also note: I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic around 3 times now and never got an error. Also ran a chkdsk /f on both of my computers drives (one HDD and one SSD) No errors seemed to come back.
- Thanks for any help
Edited by ImpGod, 22 April 2017 - 10:39 PM.