Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant Blue Screens - ntoskrnl.exe

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ImpGod

ImpGod

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:34 PM

· OS - Windows 10

· x64 Bit

· What was original installed OS on system? - Windows 7

· Is the OS an OEM version or full retail version? - Got the Windows 10 ISO maker from their website and used my Windows 7 disc key (Windows 7 disc came from Amazon)

· Age of system (hardware) - A little over a year

· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? - Installed Windows 10 a few months ago

· CPU - AMD(FX) 8350

· Video Card - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970

· MotherBoard - AMD 9 Series FX Motherboards GA-970A-D3P

· Power Supply - Corsair CX600 (600w)

· System Manufacturer - Custom Built (Built myself with parts from Amazon)

· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) - N/A

· Laptop or Desktop? - Desktop PC

These issues happened in the past, I had an old post on here where they seemed to be fixed, but recently (as of 4/21/17) the issues started to come back and the blue screens happened more often. The one thing I still notice while looking at why they happen, is a driver called "ntoskrnl.exe" The code is usually different but it's usually "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY"

Also note: I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic around 3 times now and never got an error. Also ran a chkdsk /f on both of my computers drives (one HDD and one SSD) No errors seemed to come back.

- Thanks for any help

Attached Files

Edited by ImpGod, 22 April 2017 - 10:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

Will you please run MemTest86 for a minimum of eight passes? Here's a good guide if you need help. Also, please run Seagate SeaTools for Windows. Be sure to test all your drives with the S.M.A.R.T. and Long Generic tests.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 ImpGod

ImpGod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:02 PM

Running them now, I'll let them go overnight and get back to you tomorrow. 

#4 ImpGod

ImpGod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:51 PM

Okay, running memtest86 now. Ran the segate tool and it all came back as "pass". On my phone now, memtest is running. Ill let it run overnight and get back to you tomorrow. Im not sure if ill get a log or not from this so i took a pic of what seemed like a lot of errors as soon as it started lmao. Ill add it here and hope i get a full log!

- Thanks for the help

Oh also huge thing i forgot, I tried a clean reinstall of windows 10 and it blue screened during the install and wouldnt boot up again so i used my windows 7 disk to install 7. So as of now im on windows 7 again, no longer 10. If you want me to i can re run the synsonative tool and perf log and upload the new ones! Let me know :)

Attached Files

Edited by ImpGod, 24 April 2017 - 11:53 PM.

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:33 AM

No need to re-run MemTest86. You'll have to get new RAM ... most likely the cause of your BSODs. (But, it's worth reseating your RAM sticks, cleaning out the slots with compressed air, and running MemTest86 again — just in case.)

Regards,

bwv848

Edited by bwv848, 25 April 2017 - 08:33 AM.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 lgordon225

lgordon225

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:56 AM

If you get this problem, the first thing you would do is reboot into "Safemode with Networking". Then I would run in this order:
1) Disk Cleanup  
2) Malwarebytes
3) Spybot - Search & Destroy
4) adwcleaner  
5) Disk Defrag.

Hopefully, that will make sure the system is clean before you proceed further.

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:06 AM

@lgordon225

This will not solve the faulty RAM problem.

#8 ImpGod

ImpGod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:46 AM

Okay at school now, memtest is still running from last night. Ill finish it when i get back home and see if i can post the log on here to be sure. Afterwards ill try cleaning out the ports and re seating the ram then run memtest86 again. How long should i let it run for again? If no errors come again should i still get new ram and what ram would you reccommend to buy this time?

#9 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

Once you reseat the RAM, run MemTest86 for eight passes. However, if errors start appearing again, just stop the test — it's a waste of time to continue. I'm really neutral when it comes to RAM — just buy something that's reliable and affordable. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users