Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Lenovo X201 Tablet ThinkPad's WiFi keeps turning off

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zzzz

zzzz

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:16 PM

The only solution I have found which doesn't work is to uncheck the 'Turn off WiFi to save battery power if computer not used for some time' - something like that.

I don't use a battery anyway and I don't leave it on being unused for more than 2 minutes.

Could it be the wireless card on the blink? It says this device is working properly.  Any advice please - thanks. 
By the way my friend upstairs I share the router with has no problem with his WiFi laptop.

Just done a Lenovo scan on my WiFi system and all tests passed. I'll see how it goes. - it's on now.

I've just noticed that just now the WiFi switch on the side of the laptop does not switch on the WiFi so that seems probably causing the problem.

Edited by hamluis, 30 April 2017 - 07:57 AM.
Merged 3 posts - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:19 PM

Plugging in an external USB WiFi adaptor I saw the WiFi LED light on! (Luckily the switch was on the on position otherwise I would not have noticed anything)

Now all seems OK - the switch works and the WiFi does not behave intermittently. Who can explain it? (Rhetorical).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users