Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best way to capture, save, and edit online videos?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore

• Members
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:52 PM

What's the best way to capture, save, and then edit online videos such as on YouTube, news clips, etc.?

It doesn't need to be free, but it needs to be fairly easy to use. I am not a professional videographer. I just want to capture some short videos and then be able to edit out the parts I don't want.

I already have SnagIt. It is able to capture the videos, but I couldn't figure out how to wave the captures video as a .wav file or equivalent. It seems to want me to also buy Camtasia at $200 to be able to edit them. That's a little more than I wanted to spend for something that I will only use a few times and only use for simple editing.

What do you all use and recommend?

Thanks

Edited by Cynthia Moore, 22 April 2017 - 12:52 PM.

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,535 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

i recently started using Lightworks to edit my videos, it was difficult to learn at first but if your patient and take the time to learn it, it becomes very user friendly and easy to use, i very highly recommend it....

here is my thread about it.......

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/642124/video-editing-help/#entry4220069

link to download lightworks....

https://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_lwks&view=download&Itemid=206

if your using a windows computer you could also use Windows Movie Maker, its a very simple program to use but doesn't have as many features as Lightworks and it has limits on video formats.....one example is it will not accept videos recorded in MP4 format and thats one of the main reason i went to Lightworks

Edited by mikey11, 22 April 2017 - 01:11 PM.

#3 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:50 PM

i recently started using Lightworks to edit my videos, it was difficult to learn at first but if your patient and take the time to learn it, it becomes very user friendly and easy to use, i very highly recommend it....

The "difficult to learn" part is not what I need and Lightworks is $440. That's more than double what Camtasia costs that I said was more than I would like to spend.

All I want to do is capture online videos and then cut out all but a couple of minutes that I am interested in. I don;t need any other fancy editing features.

here is my thread about it.......

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/642124/video-editing-help/#entry4220069

Thanks, I'll check out some of the recommendations over there.

if your using a windows computer you could also use Windows Movie Maker, its a very simple program to use but doesn't have as many features as Lightworks and it has limits on video formats.....one example is it will not accept videos recorded in MP4 format and thats one of the main reason i went to Lightworks

I'm using Win XP. I heard that the version of Movie Maker for XP isn't very good.

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

#4 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,535 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:17 PM

The "difficult to learn" part is not what I need and Lightworks is $440.

there is a FREE version of Lightworks.....thats all i use

Edited by mikey11, 22 April 2017 - 03:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users