Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The procedure entry point coud not be located (error on ALL programs)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mickapoo

mickapoo

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

Hello everyone,
I have an HP laptop running Windows 7 64-bit

My daughter was playing Roblox on my Windows notebook. She said while she was playing, she got an error message. Then after that, I cannot open ANY program without getting an error like this:

The procedure entry point_onexit could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll

So figuring it might be some sort of malware issue (I'm really not sure), I thought I would go on my other laptop, download Malwarebytes, burn it onto a CD and then run it from my infected laptop. But when I try to open the CD on my infected laptop, I get this message:

The procedure entry point wcschr could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll

Any help is greatly appreciated. I do not even know if running Malwarebytes is the most effective thing to do right now; it is just the only thing I could think of doing. I have not rebooted my computer- I'm afraid if I turn it off what might happen on boot up. Thank you in advance.
  user_online.gifreport.gif edit.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,475 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

Try Running SFC /Scannow.

Louis

#3 mickapoo

mickapoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

Thank you, I am running the scan right now.

#4 mickapoo

mickapoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

Unfortunately running the scan did not fix the problem. I received the message that "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations". But the problem still persists.

Do you think a system restore would work? Any other ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by mickapoo, 21 April 2017 - 03:17 PM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,475 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:32 PM

I can't discuss System Restore, since I don't ever use it or rely on it.

When you're in a large body of water and can't swim...I tend to think anything reasonable...is worth a try.

Louis

#6 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=The+procedure+entry+point_onexit+could+not+be+located+in+the+dynamic+link+library+msvcrt.dll&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#newwindow=1&q=The+procedure+entry+point+_onexit+could+not+be+located+in+the+dynamic+link+library+msvcrt.dll

#7 mickapoo

mickapoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:28 AM

I can't discuss System Restore, since I don't ever use it or rely on it.

When you're in a large body of water and can't swim...I tend to think anything reasonable...is worth a try.

Louis

Ok, I will try the system restore. Thank you for your help.

Edited by mickapoo, 22 April 2017 - 05:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users