Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dism.. restorehealth- Error code 0x800f0906 the source files could not be downlo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 llv17

llv17

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:37 PM

My Toshiba windows 8 laptop is moving extremely slow and i am trying to fix the issue so it can go back to moving fast. I did a dism restore health scan and received the report below:

The result from a dism...............restorehealth scan was Error 0x800f0906 .... the source file could not be downloaded. Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature.  Any help please!! Thanks! :inlove:  :inlove:  :inlove:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 2,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:19 PM

I would like you to check the system integrity of your Windows OS installation.

• Please right click the Windows logo (formerly the start button) at the bottom left of your screen.
  • Please select  "Command Prompt (Admin)"
  • Please type the following command and press the <Enter> key: sfc /scannow  (Please note that there is a space between 'sfc" and "/scannow".)
  • It should take about 20 minutes to run, if there are no serious errors.
  • If the System File Checker reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain; please reboot your computer and run the System File Checker from an Administrator Command Prompt, again.
  • If the System File Checker again reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain, please reboot your computer and run it a third time.
  • If "Resource Integrity Violations" (errors) are reported that could not be corrected, or were not corrected after a third SFC run, then please navigate to the folder: C:\Windows\Logs\CBS and copy the file "cbs.log" to your desktop immediately.  I am asking you do that because that file is dynamic, so I want to be able to examine a copy that is unchanged from the time that the System File Checker was run.
  • If there are errors that couldn't be corrected, let me know and I will provide you with instructions as to how to upload the file

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#3 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:02 PM

Getting dism to work using the /source tag to work is problematic.

Good luck with it.

If you get it to actually work please post you results.

#4 llv17

llv17
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

Thanks Free Booter for replying but I no longer have the laptop. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users