Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Securing my new smartphone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alley Cat

Alley Cat

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:28 PM

I brought a new smartphone, upgrading from the ancient Samsung Galaxy Ace, to LG G5. How can I secure my phone from malicious networks and software ? I am not rooting the phone, and sticking with the Google app store.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 974 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

Install Malwarebytes. Get a good paid or free VPN. Encrypt your phone with the built-in encryption tool in Android.

#3 anajames

anajames

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:15 AM

Agree but would recommend going for a paid vpn rather than a free one. 

#4 Nzyme

Nzyme

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

Use the following apps:

Adguard

Bitdefender

Sophos

Firefox (for general browsing & not Chrome)

Advanced Permission Manager (to remove un-needed permissions from apps before installing them not from the playstore).

Also don't let apps run in the background when not using them. For this install and use an app called "KillApps" which completely shuts down un-needed apps from starting. You save battery and RAM this way.

Note: Using a VPN might slow down your connection and you will also not be able to use any other VPN app (like Adguard shown above)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users