Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where does the P11 plug on the PSU go on the motherboard?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stebbinsd

stebbinsd

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:26 AM

I've got a replacement motherboard that just arrived in the mail. It's a Gigabyte GA-970a-UD3H.

I'm trying to install the PSU into it right now.

I've found this weird plug. It's labeled "P11," and it appears to have four holes in it, suggesting it should go on a 4-pin socket on the motherboard

Trouble is ... I can't seem to find a 4-pin socket on the motherboard where this thing could possibly go! The user manual doesn't seem to have a chapter for installing a PSU.

Here's a overhead view of the otherboard. Anyone feel like going into MS paint and draing a red circle or arrow showing me where this PSU plug is supposed to go?

1025817.jpg

My current build:

Motherboard: ECS A960M-M4
Processor: AMD FX-4350
RAM: 10GB
Video Card: Geforce GTX 750ti

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 70,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

Probably a Molex connection.. Not connecting to Motherboard but, to another card etc...
It's an auxiliary power connector.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Adding-USB-card-that-needs-power-supply-H520S/td-p/1268955
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 stebbinsd

stebbinsd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:06 PM

EDIT: Ok, nevermind. I got the machine to finally turn on!

All I'm missing now is a CPU, as explained by this thread. However, even without a CPU, I was at least able to get the LED light to come on and get the fans to start spinning. So at the very least, I know I've done everything else correctly up to this point.

Tomorrow will be the final stretch. When I get my new CPU in, I hope I'll be able to proudly say that I'm now posting from my newly repair desktop!

Wish me luck!

Edited by stebbinsd, 21 April 2017 - 01:00 PM.

My current build:

Motherboard: ECS A960M-M4
Processor: AMD FX-4350
RAM: 10GB
Video Card: Geforce GTX 750ti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users