Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Alert message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sandhya_3098

Sandhya_3098

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:18 AM

Maleware Alert.

Hey guys. So my computer pops up this message evey time i open chrome.
This is the text of the message. It is accompanied by an audio reading of the message.

'**YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED**

Error #FXX33

Please call us immediately at +1-888-414-1764
Do not ignore this critical alert.
If you close this page, your computer access will be disabled to prevent further damage to our network.

Your computer has alerted us that it has been infected with a virus and spyware. The following information is being stolen.

>Facebook Login
>Credit Card Details
>Email Account Login
>Photos stored on this computer
>You must contact us immediately so that our engineers can walk you through the removal process over the phone. Please call us within the next 5 minutes to prevent your computer from being disabled.
Toll free: 1-888-414-1764'

I called the toll free and he says i have alot of maleware downloaded into my computer and that i need to pay a crap ton of money to remove this. He asked for.my credit card no, expiry date and CVV and promised to send the legal documents to my email. I refused. He said that my information can be stolen.

What should i do?

Edited by Al1000, 21 April 2017 - 07:59 AM.
moved from Win 10

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iMacg3

iMacg3

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:52 AM

The alert is a scam. Microsoft will never alert you like that. If you didn't allow the hackers access to your computer, they didn't do anything. 

Here is a website that talks about the scam below:

http://www.hoax-slayer.net/your-computer-has-been-blocked-tech-support-scam-browser-popups/

Your browser may have a hijacker, though.

Download Malwarebytes from here.

1. Run the installation wizard 
  2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click Scan.
  3. Let Malwarebytes update itself and scan your computer.
  4. One done, click Quarantine selected.
  5. On the left, go to History, then Application Logs. Open the most recent scan log and paste its contents into a post.

Edited by iMacg3, 21 April 2017 - 10:52 AM.

Regards, iMacg3

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users