Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Media Center User Log In Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 S. Rogers

S. Rogers

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:55 AM

My husband just purchased this HP PAVILLION A1473W for my birthday 4 days ago. And it has some annoying habits. My biggest hurdle at this moment is the Windows User Log In Screen.

This stupid box loads up before windows Asking for my user name and password. To which I just have to Press Enter and then it loads.
But I don't want to have to sit around and babysit my comp while it loads up... Waits for me to press ENTER and then "loads my personal settings"

There is only myself as a user on this computer so I don't get why it keeps asking me this. How can I shut it off?

I have never had this issue with any of my other PC's.
Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:47 AM

Start > Run > type control userpasswords2

Click OK

Uncheck "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer."

Click Apply

Then you will be presented a box where you type in the name of the account that you want to automatically log into, and then the password, if any.

Click OK

Click OK

Reboot.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 S. Rogers

S. Rogers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:54 AM

:thumbsup:

Thank you so much!

(Issue Resolved) :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic