Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Local Area Connection 2 constantly disconnected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joepet20002001

joepet20002001

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:47 AM

I use Sudden Link as an ISP. And have an Arris Modem/Router built into one.  I have a direct plug in to my desktop.  The other labtops and i phones connect through Wifi.  I have had techs come out twice.  The problem is fixed for a few days and then the same problems happen which is no internet.  

The latest is that the local area connection 2 is constantly getting disconnected.  When it is connected internet gateway internet connection says disabled.  

Thanks in advance.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

The latest is that the local area connection 2 is constantly getting disconnected.  When it is connected internet gateway internet connection says disabled.

I guess your issue is not completely clear to me.

Is your network connection actually going down on the desktop? Or is just being shown as being disconnect in Windows even though you can still use the Internet connection (i.e. webpages still load)? It is not 100% clear to me from your description. I am assuming the former.

Assuming it is the former, have you tried removing/deleting the ethernet drivers and reinstalling them? Have you tried a different ethernet cable? Have you tried a different ethernet port on the modem/router (assuming there is more than one)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users