Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet security

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mr ogre

mr ogre

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 11 December 2004 - 10:05 AM

trouble with my comp ever since i down loaded the newest patchs from windows .... after i updated ...... as soon as i get on the web (and even after i shut off IE) ..... my "info being transfered" icon run like crazy ..... but the page had already downloaded (or i shut down IE) ..... this never happened before i downloaded lastest "critical updates" from windows ......

my zonealarm doen't seem to stop it unless i hit "stop all internet activity" ...... that works ..... And seems to stop it for the rest of my web session after i "unlock" the firewall again ....... it's as if i downloaded a security patch that some one has already cracked ..... because i DID NOT have the problem before the "patching! ..... any suggestions from the audience? ..... besides "restorepoint" ......

i'd like to repair the prob ..... so it doesn't come up again after another critical update ....

mr ogre
it's love-hate thing!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 22 December 2004 - 11:18 PM

Are you still having this problem?