Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Credit cards vs. Cash, for the long run

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 3,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:51 AM

JOQ:  You can do exactly what you've said.

Your friend needs to understand that, at least in the United States, credit cards and cash are interchangeable in virtually any situation you can think of if the business accepts credit.

Most restaurants are set up such that each seat at a table can be billed separately, and easily, if the server puts in the orders by seat.  It makes it a cinch when you've got a table of ten that, at the end, says we all want separate checks.   I always put orders in by seat when I had large parties so that I could split the check this way when the group didn't want to "divide the whole check by ten."  Now, if you haven't done "by seat" ordering and a table requests separate checks after the fact if you've got more than say, four people, what you generally do is offer to divide the total evenly and let the folks at the table "swap additions/subtractions" to their particular bill if someone ordered far more/less than another.   Trying to do accurate "by seat" stuff after the fact, unless you have a perfect memory and are really proficient at moving items, is a nightmare.

An even division of the check simply involves running as many credit cards as you're handed for the appropriate amount.

Credit cards and cash are, for all practical intents and purposes, interchangeable.  [You can substitute debit card for credit card as needed.  It's just electronic currency rather than paper.]

Brian   AKA  Bri the Tech Guy      Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1703, Build 15063  (dot level changes too often for inclusion in signature)

-> (my website address is in my profile, if interested)

. . . but when I feel on the defensive, the things I say and do sometimes come from the defensiveness, a sort of conversational fight-or-flight reflex, and not from any deep truth about how I feel. 
    ~ W. Donald Cotter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#62 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 992 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

Huh... Very interisting! All is clear.
Thank you again!:)