Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Credit cards vs. Cash, for the long run

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 4,940 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:51 AM

JOQ:  You can do exactly what you've said.

Your friend needs to understand that, at least in the United States, credit cards and cash are interchangeable in virtually any situation you can think of if the business accepts credit.

Most restaurants are set up such that each seat at a table can be billed separately, and easily, if the server puts in the orders by seat.  It makes it a cinch when you've got a table of ten that, at the end, says we all want separate checks.   I always put orders in by seat when I had large parties so that I could split the check this way when the group didn't want to "divide the whole check by ten."  Now, if you haven't done "by seat" ordering and a table requests separate checks after the fact if you've got more than say, four people, what you generally do is offer to divide the total evenly and let the folks at the table "swap additions/subtractions" to their particular bill if someone ordered far more/less than another.   Trying to do accurate "by seat" stuff after the fact, unless you have a perfect memory and are really proficient at moving items, is a nightmare.

An even division of the check simply involves running as many credit cards as you're handed for the appropriate amount.

Credit cards and cash are, for all practical intents and purposes, interchangeable.  [You can substitute debit card for credit card as needed.  It's just electronic currency rather than paper.]

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1703, Build 15063

A man's worst difficulties begin when he is able to do as he likes.
              ~ Thomas H. Huxley (1876)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#62 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

Huh... Very interisting! All is clear.
Thank you again!:)

#63 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

This is probably the best forum topic that I have been a part of on the Internet. It certainly was hugely educational and helpful. I mean, just look at how far back was my thinking in my original post in this topic. :lmao:

Thank you! :)

Wdnjb6d_700wa_0.gif

Edited by Just_One_Question, 28 July 2017 - 06:04 PM.

#64 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

US and European money has RFID chips. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=rfid+chips+in+money&t=ffnt&ia=web

RFID Tags in New US money. https://www.prisonplanet.com/022904rfidtagsexplode.html

Euro bank notes to embed RFID chips by 2005. http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1225333

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ― Albert Einstein ― Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

InternetDefenseLeague-footer-badge.png

#65 nehaxavier

nehaxavier

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:57 AM

Very Interesting! When Technology grows, then the situation also changes!

#66 Megan55

Megan55

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:04 AM

Well, I think that credit cards are comfortable and with their help you can build up a credit score and a credit history. However, I don’t understand those who put all of their expenses on credit cards and then struggle to pay off the credit card debt. For example, why to pay for a cup of coffee/ dinner with a credit card? There is one very bad thing about credit cards – when people use them, they don’t feel like they spend the real money. Also, many consumers rely on payday or auto-title lenders to get extra funds for their needs. It's important to be careful with every type of credit products and use all of them responsibly.

Substituted for original link.

Edited by britechguy, 27 August 2017 - 03:09 PM.
Commercial Link to "Payday-Type" lender removed.

#67 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

Yes, paying everything on time should be a No.1 priority when working with a credit card and this practice will ensure that in total you will get a ~1% yearly discount on everything you've bought through the year, depending on what kind of card you're using, and an even larger percentage discount upon purchasing a mortgage loan down the road when you are asking for it with an established credit score.:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users