Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Services?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LindaSioux

LindaSioux

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

Hi everyone!  It appears I really know to mess up a brand new computer.  Got scammed awhile back, still can't believe I fell for it, but I was already having problems when it happened.  I let someone in my computer.  After that I did a reset and then a total lobotomy after that when the reset didn't work, meaning I used the system image.  Still doesn't work right.  Windows Media player files are corrupted.  Any browser I install just runs round and roung for a while until I open a new tab and start over with one still running, then I X it off.  All my system services are "running" and I just don't know which ones are supposed to be and which ones aren't.  My computer starts in selective mode no matter what I do to try to correct it.  Can I used system image one more time and hope it works?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:07 PM

I would not use your system image again.

Back up your user data files, take an inventory of what apps you have installed (whether from the Windows Store or desktop apps you install), then reinstall Windows 10 from scratch using an ISO downloaded using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (and do that from another clean machine whether you're creating a bootable USB or a DVD).

Before you copy your user data files back from your external backup drive be sure to run a full virus scan and a malware scan on the drive on which they've been stored before doing so.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users