Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Update - which version are they up to?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cooljay

cooljay

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

This is probably nothing but I am now super-suspicious with all the recent developments.

Firefox apparently tried update but wasn't able to and now wants me to do it manually by going to their site. There, they give instructions to go to Menu, Help, About Firefox, and then it would by itself start to check if it's up to date. It wouldn't do this before, I just checked again and now it is offering a link to restart Firefox to Update to version 52.0.2.

Ten minutes ago however when it didn't have this link following the above procedure I went back to Firefox and chose the manual download of their latest version. And what they offered there was 53.0.

Does this mean I skipped 52.0.2 and they are really up to 53.0? I checked yesterday and Firefox said my version was up to date.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' 68000

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,097 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

The latest version of Firefox is Firefox 53.0. It was released April 19, 2017 (yesterday). You can either go ahead and download Firefox from Mozilla's website or use Firefox Update and restart to update to 52.0.2. Then, it will say Downloading Update for 53.0. Restart again to get to 53. Because you checked yesterday, I think it showed it as 52.0.2 and not 53, as 53 was offered just yesterday.

Regards, iMacg3

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

#3 cooljay

cooljay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

Great. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic