Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer not showing in Settings > Printers & Scanners

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fruv

fruv

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:53 AM

I installed manufacturer's drivers and when it prompted to plug the printer in, it found it and discovered it properly.  When I check Device manager, it appears but it never appears in the printer list.  Any ideas?

Printer: HPRT Thermal

Windows 10 Creator's Update

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:01 AM

I'm going to assume that you are stating that you don't see this printer in Devices and Printer in the Control Panel.

If this is the case, unplug the printer and reattach it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 lgordon225

lgordon225

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:52 PM

You can test the Network Connection of Your Printer using the PING. If you do not look for your printer listed in devices and printers, you can follow steps below
1. Right click on Start menu.
2. Select Control panel.
3. In the Control panel, select Devices and printers.
4. Select add printer option and click on next and wait for it to search and once you see your printer listed, select it and follow the onscreen instructions.
5. If you do not see the printer listed even after searching.
6. Click on "Printer that I want isn't listed".
7. Select the appropriate option through which your printer is connected to the computer.
8. Click on next to search and once you find your printer, Select it and follow the onscreen instructions.
Hope this information is helpful.

#4 fruv

fruv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have rebooted the machine and printer numerous times and it continues to be recognized in the device manager but doesn't show in the Printers and Devices section.  

The printer is connected directly via USB and not IP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users