Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings and a problem...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adrenalinehypemusic

adrenalinehypemusic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:33 AM

Hello,
I am a Windows user running 8.1 and have a few problems, especially around one specific virus/trojan that I just can't seem to get rid off, whether I use SuperAntiSpyware SuperDELETE or the windows defender. I am assuming that if SuperAntiSpyware can't find something, neither will AVG or Malwarebytes, and so I have come to seek help about this.
The Virus seems to be called Lomutherbageid, and is nestled somewhere in my Program Files (Problem 1: Normal or x86) where I cannot find it. I don't even know when I started to see this happen so I can't trace it back to a specific program or software.
I keep deleting the folder when it comes in to my Program Files, but another .exe/run file keeps running the command to start it, and a small window comes up and says:
Error: Lomutherbageid (and then some crap about a source level and trying to run but being unsuccessful).

Two questions for you:
What is it?
How do I get rid of it, and should I?

Thanks, and hello again

Edited by Al1000, 20 April 2017 - 07:43 AM.
moved from Introductions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' 68000

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:22 PM

I think "Lomutherbageid" is some type of malware. I have never heard of any software called Lomutherbageid, and a Google search revealed nothing except this post on Bleeping Computer. I think you will definitely have to run Malwarebytes and several other programs. 

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) from here. Run the Installation Wizard to install the program. Open Malwarebytes and click on Scan Now. MBAM will begin to download updates and then scan your computer. Quarantine and delete any files it finds. Once everything is complete, go to History, then click Scan Report and then View Report. Paste the contents of the report into a post.

Download the Junkware Removal Tool from here. Launch the program and scan your computer. A log file will come up on your desktop called JRT.txt. Paste its contents into a post.

Download Rkill from here. If this version doesn't work, go here and click on a green link to download it. Launch Rkill from its download location. Note: SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes may detect Rkill as a malicious program. If so, ignore these warnings and keep running Rkill. 

​Rkill will scan your PC for any malicious processes. When done, Rkill will open a text document. Paste the document contents into a post.

Regards, iMacg3

If I do not reply to your malware removal topic in 48 hours, please send me a PM.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

#3 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' 68000

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:46 AM

What is the folder called in Program Files?

Regards, iMacg3

If I do not reply to your malware removal topic in 48 hours, please send me a PM.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users