Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

General security question about internet, IP, wifi

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:02 AM

It's a good thing I'm not in a US public school then.  But to get back on topic, I really still think the situation was blown out of proportion because it was just merely about connecting to the internet.  It's really going out on a limb to think that because I added a router in my room, I've somehow threatened the security of our school that is located in no man's land with less 100 students in this village town and my internet signal can't even be picked up beyond my little 300 ft sq classroom.   It's okay though.  I removed the wifi router and I'm no longer using it.  I'm still using my own notebook and connecting it directly with an 2nd ethernet cable the classroom already has.  I've done it for 7 years.  ZERO problems.  I even do all my online banking with the school's and my own computer on the school internet.  Unless someone really wants to hack my lesson plans and steal my ABC games, it's never been an issue (security wise), and I've been able to deliver a lot of good things from being able to use the internet with my own devices in class.

Edited by cornflakes2, 27 April 2017 - 09:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users