Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start up background picture location ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alter501

alter501

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

Hi. On my W7 laptop, Upon start up, before any log in, there comes up a background that I am very fond of, and which I want to use on other computers.

It seems it is a manufacturers inclusion, because it isn't the normal W7 picture that comes up (the one with the blue sky and small yellow flower)

I want to find this picture and copy it to a USB drive.

Where can I find it please ?

No, it is not anywhere in personalisation, display, themes, backgrounds, etc .. which contain stuff that happens after I log on. And playing around trying to find it here, has resulted in the default W7 one coming up (mentioned above), with the result that I've actually done a reset twice, just to get this picture back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alf T

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:34 PM

Not sure whether if this is what you're referring to...

https://www.howtogeek.com/112110/how-to-set-a-custom-logon-screen-background-on-windows-7/

Regards,
bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 alter501

alter501
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:59 PM

Well, in a round about way, it is what I was referring to.

2/3 of the way into the article, it shows you how to get to the location where these start up images are stored, ie, Windows, System32, oobe, info, backgrounds, ...

Got em !!!

Now copied to a flash drive, and will be used as backgrounds on my Linux machine, and W10 lappie.

Thank you.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:52 AM

You're welcome.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users