Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error message.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CMFordham

CMFordham

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

EDIT: Sorry!  I just now read the sticky here about posting BSOD error threads.  I have complied and attached a zipped file containing the results of the Sysnative test, and the Performance test.  Hope this helps in figuring out whatever issue my rig is having!  Thanks.

Attached File  Test.zip   728.28KB   3 downloads

So I purchased my desktop about two weeks ago brand new, and immediately ran into an issue.  My first issue was upon booting up for the first time, I ran into an endless loop error of Windows not being able to install properly, it would have to reboot to reinstall windows- but it'd just give me the same error message.  I resolved this issue by just doing a full computer restore to factory settings, and it finally let the computer boot up.  (This is no longer an issue, but I'm just posting it because perhaps it has something to do with the current problem.)

Now the big issue I'm having.  Every so often, usually a few times a day; sometimes just once every couple days, I get a BSOD.  The error message: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER.

Now I have googled ten pages worth of solutions, and tried many.  Here is what I've tried so far.

- Simply rebooting system.

- Restoring and Factory Reset.

- Reinstalling sound/video drivers.

- Updating to most current sound/video drivers.

- Updating BIOS to the most current.

- Doing a full reset of video card drivers and reinstalling.

- Made sure inside of tower was clean of dust and fans work.

- Ran the Lenovo system scan to make sure no errors.

- Used CCLeaner to fix registry errors.

- Ran sscan on command prompt and had no errors.

These are pretty much all of the solutions I could find in searching, other than replacing components (which may or may not work.)  The computer is new, I have not installed any new components or anything, and until I get the BSOD, it runs great!  It's fast, it's quiet and efficient, there are no bog-downs.  There is nothing that indicates an imminent crash.  It just does randomly.  I have noticed it seems to crash more often when I'm running a resource heavy game or something, so I assume it's something to do with the video card?

I'll stop rambling, here are some specs.

Lenovo 90BG003JUS
Windows 10 64 BIT
RAM - 12GB
2TB HD
AMD A10 7800 Radeon R7 4-Core Processor 3.5GHz
BIOS: IRKT60AUS
AMD Radeon R7 Integrated Graphics DDR3

These are just basic specs I summed up from dxdiag, but I'm willing to provide whatever information is necessary.

Please help me beat this irritating issue.

Thanks,
Chad.

Edited by CMFordham, 20 April 2017 - 12:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CMFordham

CMFordham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:15 AM

I was just playing Second Life, and I had two viewers open.  (Meaning I had two separate games running at the same time.)  Now I've played the exact same way on my old laptop, which was an inferior system to the computer I have now- and it worked fine.  But after about 30 minutes or so of playing tonight, the same BSOD error message popped up.  Just adding more information if it helps anyone understand.  

#3 CMFordham

CMFordham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

Figured this Speccy snapshot would help with any additional information needed.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/WQV3ENWewSXLG0bwCxQEs6N

#4 CMFordham

CMFordham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:05 AM

Everybody stumped?

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

Where did you download your video drivers from?

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 CMFordham

CMFordham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:34 PM

Well I've gone into Device Manager and updated the drivers from there, and when that did not work- I reset.  And then I downloaded Radeon Crimson from the AMD Support website, to automatically detect.  I used that to install the recommended driver on Express settings.  

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

Reinstall your graphics drivers from the following link:

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/DESKTOPS-AND-ALL-IN-ONES/LENOVO-H-SERIES-DESKTOPS/LENOVO-H50-55-DESKTOP/90BG/90BG003JUS/downloads/DS104143

If that doesn't work, try this one (not sure what's the difference):

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/DESKTOPS-AND-ALL-IN-ONES/LENOVO-H-SERIES-DESKTOPS/LENOVO-H50-55-DESKTOP/90BG/90BG003JUS/downloads/DS104473

When installing, uncheck all unnecessary components.

Let me know what issues persist.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users