Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DELETE Key will NOT Delete

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:32 PM

I have a Logitech MX5500 Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard // Mouse Combo running on Windows 10 PRO 64-Bit OS.
I Updated to the Latest Set-point Software 6.67 after that my DELETE Key would no longer function. So I backed-up and Un-installed
that latest Update, and re-installed it's predecessor unfortunately still nada ??
So I thought perhaps it was a OS Issue, so I contacted MS Online Support Forum and went through a Diagnostic they couldn't find anything wrong with my Windows.
They suggested going to Logitech...well here it is almost 2 months later and no resolution...
I tested the Keyboard on another computer and it worked fine.
Of course We all know about having a working Delete Key.
Keyboard is Out-of-Warranty. I had an extended Warranty and it expired too.
Any ideas on HOW TO Fix this? I really can't afford a New Keyboard at this time.

Edit: Moved topic from Internal Hardware to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,099 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:36 PM

Have you considered remapping the key with a 3rd party app like Keytweak? I know it's not a fix, but you have tried everything I would have to this point. Or you can wait till someone with more keyboard/registry/OS experience replies.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Mike_Walsh

Mike_Walsh

Bleepin' 'Puppy' nut..!!

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:52 PM

If it was me, I would re-map it to the 'Insert' key. I don't know of anybody who actually uses this one, and it has the advantage of being right next door to the 'Backspace' key, and immediately above the 'Delete' key. So it's in the part of the keyboard you're used to accessing for the 'Delete' key.....it's not as though you'd need to get used to a new location, or anything like that.

However, using Linux as I do, I can't actually make any recommendations for Windows software to carry out the re-mapping, I'm afraid. Sorry!

Mike.  :wink:

Edited by Mike_Walsh, 19 April 2017 - 06:54 PM.

Distros:- Multiple 'Puppies'..... and Anti-X 16.1

My Puppy BLOG ~~~  My Puppy PACKAGES

Compaq Presario SR1916UK; Athlon64 X2 3800+, 3 GB RAM, WD 500GB Caviar 'Blue', 32GB Kingspec PATA SSD, 3 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics, Dell 15.1" pNp monitor (1024 x 768), TP-Link PCI-e USB 3.0 card, Logitech c920 HD Pro webcam, self-powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub

Dell Inspiron 1100; 2.6 GHz 400FSB P4, 1.5 GB RAM, 64GB KingSpec IDE SSD, Intel 'Extreme' graphics, 1 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, M$ HD-3000 'Lifecam'.

KXhaWqy.gifFQ8nrJ3.gif

#4 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

Have you considered remapping the key with a 3rd party app like Keytweak? I know it's not a fix, but you have tried everything I would have to this point. Or you can wait till someone with more keyboard/registry/OS experience replies.

I'll give a shot, and Thx....Just thought it strange the Key worked on a Friend's system, but not mine

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:12 AM

Have you tried another keyboard with your computer? If so, does it have the same problem. If it does, then that does suggest it is some sort of issue with your keyboard, not the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users