Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this a virus??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 longnailsredhair

longnailsredhair

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:47 AM

HELP!! I think something has gotten into my computer. When Im playing a game, right in the middle of it my browser decides (all on its own) to back up a page. This is real annoying. Its really annoying when I am playing against someone because I automatically lose. Its really, really annoying if there is money involved!!!

Is this a virus or annoyingware?? LOL I am running Windows 7 and Firefox, also does it in Chrome.

Thx, Melody

Mod Edit

Moved from Windows 7 to Am I infected

NickAu

Edited by NickAu, 19 April 2017 - 01:55 AM.
Mod Edit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chadatcoderedcomp

chadatcoderedcomp

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:46 AM

Can you confirm that you are not accidentally pressing shift + mouse scroll wheel? When you do that in a browser it will take you back or forward in pages. If this is the cause you can turn off the scroller or lower the sensitivity in the mouse settings.

-Chad

chad [at] coderedcomputing.com

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,552 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:07 AM

Or the backspace key? In any event, if it's happening in multiple browsers it doesn't sound like malware (and almost certainly not if that's the only symptom).

#4 longnailsredhair

longnailsredhair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:01 AM

i am playing my games like always. Something is just throwing me back a page. I can't figure it out. It does it on both of my computers. A different mouse on both. Other than both computers are running pretty slow I haven't noticed anything else yet. It's not some malware???

#5 chadatcoderedcomp

chadatcoderedcomp

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:14 PM

Likely not. Attempt resetting your browser and see if that has any effect on the scenario (yes, I know it affects them all, but we have to start somewhere). Use IE, reset it, then see -

Reset IE fully
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17441/windows-internet-explorer-change-reset-settings

-Chad

www.coderedcomputing.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users