I've been getting a freeze, followred by a BSOD often when I play full-screen games such as Overwatch, Final Fantasy XIV, ARK and Hearthstone. The error I get on the BSOD is "clock_watchdog_timeout". I've done a fresh install of Windows 7/10 a couple of times and the problem was still there. As this has always been a problem when I've been playing video games, I've always thought it was a problem with my GPU. I have replaced my GPU over Easter (from a GTX 560ti to a GTX 1060) and the BSOD problem is still there. A few details of my system:
· OS - Windows 10
· x64 (64 bit)
· Original OS was Windows 7. It had the same freezing problem back then.
· OS is a full retail version
· 5 years but recently replaced the GPU
· 1 year old
· GTX 1060 (was previously a GTX 560ti)
· ASUS p8z68-v pro gen3 MOBO
· Silverstone Strider 750w
Thanks and I hope someone can shed some light in my desktop's problems!