Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequent 'clock_watchdog_timeout' BSOD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TangyS

TangyS

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:46 PM

Greetings everyone,

I've been getting a freeze, followred by a BSOD often when I play full-screen games such as Overwatch, Final Fantasy XIV, ARK and Hearthstone. The error I get on the BSOD is "clock_watchdog_timeout". I've done a fresh install of Windows 7/10 a couple of times and the problem was still there. As this has always been a problem when I've been playing video games, I've always thought it was a problem with my GPU. I have replaced my GPU over Easter (from a GTX 560ti to a GTX 1060) and the BSOD problem is still there. A few details of my system:

· OS - Windows 10
· x64 (64 bit)
· Original OS was Windows 7. It had the same freezing problem back then. 
· OS is a full retail version
· 5 years but recently replaced the GPU
· 1 year old

· i5-2500k
· GTX 1060 (was previously a GTX 560ti)

· ASUS p8z68-v pro gen3 MOBO

· Silverstone Strider 750w
· Desktop

Thanks and I hope someone can shed some light in my desktop's problems!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chadatcoderedcomp

chadatcoderedcomp

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:13 AM

This screams graphics drivers. As a test, change your graphics driver to a generic, universal driver. Next, try a game that once froze and see if it happens. Likely it won't, then you can work on finding a newer driver that doesn't break through trial and error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users