Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

S-video Out To S-video In On Tv

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Terryd68

Terryd68

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:53 AM

Hi, i have hooked my laptop up to my tv via a s-video cable but cannot get a picture up on the tv ??? any ideas please ???

many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:48 PM

Hi Terryd68, welcome to BC.
There are a couple things you will need to check.
1. Your television may need to be programmed if you have more then one input setup, exactly like you would if you were hooking up a DVD player or VCR. Check your televisions documentation.
2. Check your video settings in your computer. The TV should show as a second monitor or at least be available for selection from the monitor type drop-down list. You will also need to lower your resolution settings while using a tv for display.
Without knowing what TV and computer make and model you are using, I can't get anymore specific.
Post that info back when you get time. :thumbsup:

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:22 PM

Also another thing you could do is press Function and then F5. This on many laptops switches it from the main lcd to the secondary output (wich includes the vga port and the s-video port). Press it again and it will either give another setting or bring it back to the begining and it just keeps cycling.

Like HitSquad said we would need your laptop model.

#4 Terryd68

Terryd68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:15 AM

Hi and thanks..

My laptop is a dell c840 running xp pro sp2 and my tv is a sharp 76cm sx76nf8.

I have played and now have the tv displaying the desktop picture ( background ), if i move my mouse all the way to the right it appears on the tv but with no icons ?

rgds Terry

#5 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:46 PM

Ok and the icons and the rest of the desktop is probably on your laptop screen. This is dual-screens... Try pressing the button again and I think you will switch to a single screen on the tv...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users