Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS K55 turns off and won't start again

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sirkelsag

sirkelsag

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

I have some trouble with my ASUS K55. I have tried all the tips when googling it, but no luck so far.

I am trying to change parts in the computer and I really thought it was a power button problem, but even when I changed the power button board the problem still persist.

Sometimes the computer turns itself off after a few minuts. And then it won't start again. Completely dead. After a while I can power it up again, but then it just dies again.

What should I try to change next?

Can it be problems with the motherboard or would it not start at all if the motherboard had to be replaced.

It is a very good computer, but it f***ed up when I updated to Windows 10. I ran a clean install but got into some trouble. Could this cause the hardware failure? I have since then formatted the computer and gone back to the last Windows - since ASUS K55 was not Win 10 compatible (the ASUS support guy told me)

I have changed the power board button, the power board cable. What do you suggest I try to change next? Does somebody know what the problem can be?

Best regards

Sirkelsag

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users