Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forgotten Password

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shagn41

Shagn41

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:57 PM

HELP! I set my DSL modem configuration to exclude the wireless option and restricted it by putting in a username and password. GREAT!
Now I have a second computer that I want to setup a wireless network for and I my brain cells went on vacation. I can't remember or find where I wrote it down so I'm stuck.
Can anyone tell me how to reset this feature LEGALLY.

IP address 192.168.0.1
Modem - Actiontech

I hope someone knows more about this damn thing than I do.

Thanks
Shagn41

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyclica

Cyclica

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:02 PM

Helo Shagn, you'll have to reset your modem to factory defaults, although, you may need to take note of some settings to make sure it'll work again, such as DSL settings.

You don't specify your modem's model, but AFAIK, Actiontec modems has at least, two ways to reset to factory defaults, one pushing the reset button in the back of the modem, and the other loading a recovery file from the installation CD.

Please, read carefully the manual before attempting to reset your modem, there certain things you must have present, like never unplug the power cord while pressing the reset button, or you could "brick" it.

Edited by Cyclica, 08 September 2006 - 07:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users