Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Hosting Advice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -jiman

-jiman

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:23 AM

Hi Guys, 

Would like to get some advise or review from the expert there. 

I am looking at a2 / godaddy and bluehost. 

I am from asia, so I heard of GoDaddy before but not A2 or BlueHost.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PaleChristopher

PaleChristopher

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

It really depends on what you are hosting, how much storage you need, your expected traffic. If you are just starting out, I would strongly recommend HostGator as your web hosting server.

#3 steventaylor86

steventaylor86

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:33 PM

I would also recommend for Hostgator if your visitors are from Asia only even if its from overseas no issue. I have been using it since 4 years and it work really great for me. There is no problem with Godaddy as well but Hostgator is really simple to handle and the most important thing is its server never goes offline. You can trust. 

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 3,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

I don't know whether this will work where you're located, but I'm going to toss it out in case it might.

As far as actual hosting goes, it's worth considering Amazon Web Services, specifically the S3 service, free tier.  I've used it to host two different websites, both relatively low traffic, and it has never cost me a penny and reliability is excellent.  It's a bit more complicated to set up, particularly initially (but has gotten much easier than when I did it), but once you've got the hang of it it's quite easy.  I also use it for media hosting of my personal stuff that I use on web forums, too.

I keep my domain name registered with Namecheap.com, which lives up to its name and has had good customer service when I've needed them.

Brian   AKA  Bri the Tech Guy      Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1703, Build 15063  (dot level changes too often for inclusion in signature)

-> (my website address is in my profile, if interested)

. . . but when I feel on the defensive, the things I say and do sometimes come from the defensiveness, a sort of conversational fight-or-flight reflex, and not from any deep truth about how I feel. 
    ~ W. Donald Cotter

#5 Dianefeejm

Dianefeejm

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:34 AM

Don't go with godaddy . try bluhost 

#6 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

Don't go with godaddy . try bluhost

Agreed, and look at these Web Hosting Directories: http://www.free-webhosts.com/ and http://www.webhostingbest10.com/free-web-hosting

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ― Albert Einstein ― Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

InternetDefenseLeague-footer-badge.png

#7 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Malware Study Hall Sophomore
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted Today, 12:48 AM

Why not just host it yourself? It's not that hard to do and you save on the hosting fees. 

A. Lattimore

CCNA, CWNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCT, MCP, Security+, Server+, Linux+, Network+, A+, CNST

Network Security Engineer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users