Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 OEM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fred93

fred93

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:26 PM

I am planning a new build and I have a question about OEM OS (Windows 10) If I install windows 10 OEM and I have questions down the road will I be able to get help from you guys???

I have seen some posts where a person was told that you could not help him because his OS was not legal? I assume that a OEM OS would be legal & you guys would help me if I had a problem in the future--yes???

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 20 April 2017 - 05:19 PM.
Moved from 'Discussion' to 'Support'.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

OEM Windows 10 locks you into one configuration. If you change the configuration too much it is considered a new computer and the license won't be valid anymore. Changing the motherboard is considered too much. You may be able to call Microsoft in a case where you need to replace the motherboard and they may offer you a new product code. Or they may direct you to purchase a new Windows 10 license.

The Retail license is more flexible as it is transferable. However if you don't release the license from the old computer yourself then you may need to call Microsoft to release it.

As long as the OS is original and legit you can get support here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users